BSC Post Office
BSC Post Office
Location and hours of operation:
The Post Office is located on the first floor of the Norton Campus Center. Window service is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.--closed Saturday and Sunday. The post office also is closed New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, and Christmas Day.
Products and services:
- Campus mail drop-off
- First-class mail
- Priority mail
All shipping supplies are available for purchase at the post office.
Campus mail process:
You will receive an email notification when a package or letter arrives. Once you receive notification, visit the post office service desk, swipe your BSC ID, and your letter, package, or both will be retrieved.
Individuals and recognized groups at BSC may use the campus mail system for internal deliveries to students, faculty and staff. All BSC employees and students are assigned a mailbox number. This number should be placed on all interoffice/internal correspondence. The mail for campus distribution may be dropped off inside the Post Office in the slot marked "Campus Mail." Any outgoing mail should be placed in the "Stamped" or "Metered Mail" slots.
The correct address format for mailing to a student at the college:
1st line: Student's NAME
2nd line: SCHOOL ADDRESS (optional)
3rd line: Student's BSC NUMBER
4th line: CITY, STATE ZIP
900 Arkadelphia Road
Birmingham, AL 35254
Mailing do's and don'ts to prevent mail delays:
- Do not send cash. Mail with gift cards, prepaid Visa/MasterCard, personal checks payable to an individual, or money orders. Also please consider using registered, certified/return receipt, and signature confirmation mail or any carrier that can provide tracking information and signature confirmation. That way, any item lost or stolen can be traced, cancelled, and eventually replaced.
- Do use UPS or FedEx Next Day or Second Day Air for urgent deliveries to students.
- Don't use "P.O. Box 54----." Instead, use "BSC 54---"
- Do double-check the address on correspondence/packages before mailing.
- Don't mail gift cards or jewelry to students through regular mail. Use certified mail for gift cards and registered mail for jewelry.
- Do place a name and department box number on envelopes for internal campus mailings