Check the fact sheets here to see if there’s an easy answer to your question.
If not, call the IT HelpDesk at (205)226-3033, M-F 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Student help available 24/7 via Apogee at 1-877-478-8861.
The Information Technology Department’s mission is to develop and maintain the infrastructure, facilities and services to provide for the effective use of technology systems to best serve students, alumni, faculty and staff within the mission of Birmingham-Southern College.
The IT Department works to:
- Maintain computing facilities, including the student labs and other public computing facilities, classrooms, and laboratories
- Maintain the administrative shared database and software.
- Provide a campus-wide data network with access to the Internet and Intranet.
- Provide and maintain servers and application software running on them including e-mail and web pages.
- Provide a Help Desk and answer questions about standard hardware and software for students, faculty, and staff.
- Train the campus community to use standard hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot and correct problems with supported hardware, software, or networks.
- Advise faculty and staff about technology-related projects; recommend appropriate hardware or software solutions within the established purchasing guidelines.
- Create paper and on-line documents for internal use as well as to help campus clients use standard hardware and software.
- Test new versions of supported hardware and software; test hardware and software to determine suitability for campus use.
- Develop IT human resources and maintain high staff productivity.
- Arrange repair of institutional computer hardware by appropriate service providers.
- Monitor technical developments and trends; apply findings to campus technology planning.
Assistance from any IT member can begin easily by calling 3033 or emailing email@example.com
Vice President for Information Technology
Voice: (205) 226-4850
fax: (205} 226-7015
Senior Systems/Server Administrator
Director of Administrative Systems
David L. Smith
Senior Database Developer