BSC logo
Multicultural Affairs


Thank you for your interest in BSC! We know that students from overseas may need assistance with navigating college admission procedures.

The International Student and Scholar Services section is here to help you through both the application process and your transition to studies in the U.S. We look forward to meeting you here in Birmingham, Alabama!

Please click on the link below that corresponds to your intended program of study at BSC:

Degree-Seeking (F-1 Student)

Exchange (J-1 Exchange Visitor)

Prospective students in other visa statuses (e.g., E-2, H-4, L-2) should apply to BSC as degree-seeking students. No proof of financial support is needed; however, we do request that you submit a copy of your current immigration documentation (e.g. biographical picture page from passport, visa stamp, extension/receipt notice) with your application.

Under U.S. immigration law, those in B-1/B-2 or F-2 visa status may not currently study as degree-seeking students. Individuals holding these visa statuses should seek a Change of Status to F-1 Student. Please contact the International Student Advisor for more information.

U.S. Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders), Asylees and Refugees are not considered international students for admission purposes and should direct all questions about the application process to the Office of Admission.

For international student entrance requirements and general information on applying to BSC, please contact the Office of Admission.