FaceBookTwitterVimeoFlickrYouTubeInstagram
BSC logo
Student Government Association

BSC Student Government Association

Student Government Association

SGA Funds/Supports

SGA is responsible for allocating your Student Activity Fee. Quest II receives 33% of the fee and SGA decides how the remaining 67% is allocated. SGA funds several signature events yearly, including Stirling Speaker, Welcome Back Dinners, and the annual Christmas Party. Also, in addition to supporting students financially for conferences and supporting student organizations, SGA also provides funding assistance for the Honor Council, Exploration Term activities and trips, fitness instructors for the Striplin Physical Fitness and Recreation Center, extended Library hours, the Shuttle Bus, electronic subscription to The New York Times, Mama's Home Cooking, and funds all BSC student publications. Finally, SGA financially supports the offices of Multicultural Affairs (C3), Greek Life, The Krulak Institute for Experiential Learning and Civic Engagement, Iron Pour, as well as Freshmen Orientation events. For more detailed information, please refer to the current budget posted on this page.

Mission Statement

The Student Government Association (SGA) equally represents the student voice by participating effectively in institutional governance with the administration and Board of Trustees. The SGA seeks to support student learning and the development of community among students, faculty, staff, and administration. SGA strives to demonstrate the values and purpose of Birmingham-Southern College.

SGA meetings take place on Wednesdays in the SGA Room on the second floor of the Norton Campus Center during the Fall and Spring semesters.

Get Involved with SGA

All SGA meetings are open to the Student Body and are held in the SGA Room (2nd floor of the Norton Campus Center) on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm during the Fall and Spring semesters. All SGA positions are elected by the Student Body. Exec Board, upperclassmen and residence hall representative elections are held in the spring and freshman representative elections are in the fall. All students must have a minimum of a 2.25 GPA to be eligible to run.For more information, contact Robby Prince (rprince@bsc.edu).

For more up-to-date information, please visit one of the following social media sites.

Like us on Facebook    |    Follow us on Twitter (@BSC_SGA)    |    Follow us on Instagram (@bsc_sga)